Itecons provides services for the environmental assessment of products, through the application of the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) methodology, recommended in the international standards EN ISO 14040 and EN ISO 14044. This methodology enables the quantification and evaluation of aspects and potential environmental impacts throughout the life cycle of a product, from the extraction of raw materials to the end of its life, by compiling input and output flows. With this methodology it is possible to:
- Quantify the environmental performance of materials, products or constructive solutions, identifying the elements of the inventory with the greatest contribution to the different stages of the Life Cycle and impact categories under study;
- Identify and quantify critical areas and possible opportunities to improve the environmental profile of materials, products or constructive solutions;
- Assist companies in adapting their environmental management system to a Life Cycle perspective, as referred to in the last revision of the ISO 14001:2015 standard;
- Support the development of new products from an eco-design perspective;
- Test and evaluate the implementation of circular economy assumptions.